Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Are You a Big Loser?



Catch the premier last night?

I saw bits and pieces as I was spending time with the family. I was incredibly impressed with Grandpa Jerry, the 62 year old guy who won the desert race! I mean, this older gentleman blew everyone away, many of which is he over 30 years their senior. Was it good genes? Deep internalized determination or perhaps a little of both!?

The point is, these types of goals can be achieved, I don't care how old you are. Personally, I've been adhering to a healthy lifestyle for the past 25 years. It's one of the only things in my life that I can actually control. Think about it, no one puts that fork your mouth but YOU! No one makes you get out there and exercise but you! My folks used to laugh at me and tell me that there is no way I would be able to continue to workout as my career and family begin to grow. True, there are far more distractions, but I've always found time to exercise even if it means going to bed earlier so I can wake up early to workout or go for a run. Keep it in your blood and it will help you sustain those periods of time where you just can't seem to manage your schedule. Get right back on that horse.

At 44, I look and feel better than I ever have. I will continue to apply these principles for the rest of my life and constantly "vision" how I want to look and feel.

Personally, I re-engineer my body every so often, whether it be detoxifying my system, taking the best supplements (i.e. Amalaki Juice, multi-vitamins and other antioxidants) eating impeccably well for a long stretch or putting myself through my own exercise boot camp. Change it up and keep it interesting. Your health is everything! Make all the money in the world, but hurt your back or even something more significant like getting a heart attack and that money does nothing but pay for the hospital bills - whoopy!

Eat several small meals a day (i.e. 4-6 meals), chew your food slowly and well, exercise daily and connect spiritually - whatever that may mean for you and....feel great!

Till next time...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep trucking and just move your body.

Love your blog and looking forward to your future postings.

-Dan
wwww.1teamconcept.com